We are always on the lookout for new talent to join us, and grow our team.
If there are no specific positions listed below, don’t hesitate to get in touch, tell us a bit more about yourself and include your CV.
.NET Software Developer
We are looking for an experienced, full-time .NET Software Developer to join our growing technical team.
This individual can expect to work on a number of existing .NET applications in our current portfolio of products, which fall across a number of industries, utilising a variety of technologies across the Microsoft Stack.
|Salary||£27,000 – £32,000 + bonus|
|Posted||12th April 2018|
An Average Day at QuayTech
An average day as a developer at QuayTech looks like:
- Arrive into the office, grab yourself a cup of coffee, and review your task list.
- Have your 5 minutes of fame in our daily scrum.
- Crack on with your task list, what may include:
- Writing a new module in C# .NET Core.
- Fixing a bug with a Windows Form application, in VB.NET.
- Aid in publishing a new module recently completed in an ASP.NET MVC application.
- Write a new SQL stored procedure to move data to extract some data.
- Write some client-side script to do some snazzy validation a new Data Grid.
- Assisting our apprentice with some development work.
- Break for Lunch.
- Post Lunch, be taken off the task you are concentrating on to react to an urgent issue with some bespoke client software, working with the support team to ascertain more detail from the client, then throwing yourself into diagnosing the issue and resolving it.
- Follow this, with a well deserved cup of tea.
- Write some whizzy SQL query, check in any .NET code you’ve been working on.
- Update your task list before packing up and heading home.
What will make the right candidate stand out?
An important characteristic of our technical team is we care about our Customers. From planning a new UI, to what we develop, and to answering a support phone call, we will ensure it is done to provide the most positive experience for our customer and assist them as efficiently as we can.
The role is assorted, and you need to be open to that diversity, willing to work on any project put in front of you with a “all hands-on deck” approach. You will think outside the box, and one step further to deliver the best solution possible. A can-do, want-to-do attitude is key.
We are an IT Consultancy and Software Development company, based in Whitstable – with the seaside just a short (ish) walk away. Our current client base is nationwide, to whom we offer a variety of services – mainly focused on providing and maintaining bespoke software applications, and the setup, configuration and support of the infrastructure on which those applications reside.
We have experienced year on year growth since formation and have an urgent requirement to expand the team. Our ethos is to provide services to companies, establishing on-going relationships enabling us to understand businesses and how their needs can be catered for with IT. We have a strong team, developing software to provide solutions to business requirements.
This role will be based in our office in Whitstable, Kent, but there may be an ad-hoc requirement for travel around the UK to client sites. We also benefit from a daily visit for a local coffee van with homemade cakes on board!
What we need you to know?
- Experienced in .NET Development, familiar with the Microsoft Technology Stack.
- C# and / or VB.NET
- ASP.NET MVC, WPF, Web API
- Demonstrate an understanding of .NET Core
- Entity Framework, jQuery
- Experienced in Relational Database Design and writing SQL
- A strong commercial awareness of developing new software solutions
- Be Logical, and good at problem solving.
- Enjoy Troubleshooting, and not giving up until you are done.
- Documentation and Commenting your code.
- Organising your work and your time.
What you may also be good at:
- Server Configuration, and setup
- Understanding of the Microsoft Azure Platform
- Understanding of Networking Principles – IP Addresses, DNS and DHCP
- It would be advantageous if the candidate has a Driving License, but this is not essential.
- Two references will be required.
- £27,000 – £32,000 – based on experience and skillset.
- Bonuses based on Company and Personal Performance.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Working Hours, 9 to 5.30 Monday to Friday. Flexible hours available.
- 25 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays.
- Seaside office location, renovated to a high standard with a modern finish – very light and airy.
Up to the Challenge?
If you feel you have the relevant skills, the drive, the ambition and want to be a key player in expanding QuayTech please contact us on 0333 006 9201 for more information, or apply by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.